£1.7 Million Contract Awarded with Babergh & Mid Suffolk Councils
Armstrong York is pleased to announce our appointment as the sole provider for Asbestos Consultancy Services to both Babergh & Mid Suffolk Councils. The new contract award will commence in August 2015 and will run until July 2019 with an option to continue for a further two years by two single year extensions.
Babergh District Council covers the South central area of Suffolk. The District comprises the towns of Hadleigh, Sudbury and Lavenham plus rural parishes covering approx. 310 square miles. Babergh District Council owns and manages around 3,500 homes and various Adult Care provision and office accommodation, depots, industrial units, Tourist Information Centres, bus stations and sports centres.
Mid Suffolk lies in the heart of the Suffolk countryside, to the north–west of Ipswich, with a population of 86,800. Outside of the main towns of Stowmarket, Needham Market and Eye it is sparsely populated with 70% of the population living in villages or rural areas. Mid Suffolk Council owns and manages around 3,500 homes and various corporate and commercial buildings.
The services to be provided by Armstrong York include:
• Asbestos surveys testing and analysis to dwellings, garages, communal (non-domestic) areas
• Re-inspection surveys of dwellings, garages, communal (non-domestic) areas and corporate buildings
• General asbestos advice for Client and training on asbestos
• Mobile laboratory and strict turnaround of survey results on voids and responsive works
• Surveys to comprise management, refurbishment & demolition and re-inspection surveys
• Emergency service to be provided 24 hours 365 days per year.
• Electronic web enabled asbestos register available for client and contractors to access
• Ad hoc advice, practical interpretation of regulations and codes of practice and management
and auditing of remedial/removal works undertaken by others.
• Importing existing asbestos survey records from other systems into web enabled asbestos register.
The JCT Measured Term Contract 2011 will form the contract terms. The anticipated expenditure for both Councils for the period of the contract and potential extension is £1.7m. Armstrong York will partner and work collaboratively with both Councils to embrace and refine their core values to provide value for money and the best quality service delivery at all times to all residents and leaseholders.