Chesterfield Borough Council– Asbestos Surveying Contract
Value: £160,000 (per annum) – 3 year contract
Armstrong York is pleased to announce our appointment as the sole provider for Asbestos consultancy services to Chesterfield Borough Council which is a Borough Council in the north of Derbyshire. The council manages approximately 10,000 houses, flats, maisonettes and garages within Chesterfield.
The services to be provided by Armstrong York include Asbestos Management, Refurbishment and Demolition Surveys. Asbestos Surveys are to be undertaken in accordance with HSG264 Asbestos: The Survey Guide, Armstrong York is required to carry out surveys as instructed by Chesterfield Borough Council. The Council will call off surveys to coincide with the Council’s Void, Planned and Responsive Maintenance on behalf of OSD.
Armstrong York collate all data and photographs into a format suitable (i.e. KGI Format) for Chesterfield Borough Councils Asset Management System (Keystone). The Councils appointed Manager in request of this Service Agreement is Peter Bartle, Armstrong York is required to liaise with the Councils Manager to agree the Project Plan prior to commencement of the service. Armstrong York liaises on a daily basis with the Customer Services Division of Housing Services which is organised into four specialist teams. These four teams are the Housing Solutions Team, the Neighbourhoods Team, the Careline and Support Service Team and the Tenant Engagement Team, particular engagement is made with the Tenant Engagement Team who is responsible for:
• Tenant participation and consultation
• Service improvement
• Management of complaints, comments and compliments system
Other management services provided by Armstrong York to Chesterfield Borough Council include:
• Management Surveys and Refurbishment and Demolition surveys
• Provision of Management Survey information on a third party developed online management system
• A pull-off schedule of rates contract for asbestos consultancy for:
• Incident investigation services.
• Bulk sampling and analysis of samples;
• Emergency site attendance and 24 hour call out
• Asbestos management training and awareness training
• Site risk assessments
• Analytical monitoring works in association with encapsulation, monitoring or removal.
• Providing ad-hoc advice on asbestos related issues.
• Dealing with emergency situations with regard to asbestos
• Attending progress meetings with the Client.
• Attending asbestos review meetings and training sessions as required with the Client in order to review performance
Monthly applications for payment are issued to Chesterfield Borough Council to include charges for all services provided under this agreement during such period. The Services will be provided by Armstrong York until 31st March 2017 with the option to extend for two further periods of one year, this agreement will be budget led up to a value of £160,000 per annum.