Project: Provision of Facilities Management Asbestos Surveying Services
Contract Description: The London Borough of Croydon is a London borough in south London and is part of Outer London. It covers an area of 87 km² and is the second largest London borough by population. Armstrong York have entered into a three-year contract with Croydon Council and are required to undertake all aspects of asbestos survey processes. These will be primarily to the Council’s corporate sites, i.e. non-domestic properties, but will include offices, shops, colleges, schools, nurseries and may include specialist residential properties at the Council’s discretion. The key operational objectives of the contract are:
- To provide a service that enables and supports Croydon’s activities through the delivery of fully-functioning, comfortable, high quality, safe environments.
- To provide a service which supports and sustains a safe working environment, with no risk to the Council’s community, equipment, business and service delivery operations, business continuity, brand or reputation.
- To implement policies and procedures for operating the services in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- To ensure compliance with all legislation and Council policies and procedures through effective service controls and audit processes.
- To take a proactive and imaginative approach, continually seeking the most appropriate and cost-effective solutions to problems and issues.
- Contribute positively and proactively to the Council’s sustainability and corporate social responsibility objectives.