Willmott Dixon / NHS Foundation Trust – Asbestos Consultancy Contract
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital is a 430-bed teaching hospital located in Chelsea, London. Although the Hospital has been at its present site since only 1993, the Hospital has a rich history in that it serves as the new site for the Westminster Hospital. It is operated by Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, and has close ties with Imperial College London. Many of the hospital’s employees hold research contracts with Imperial College London, and the hospital plays an integral role in teaching students at Imperial College London. The hospital’s operating revenue for clinical activities alone was £378 million in 2014/15. The hospital has often been regarded as one of the leading hospitals in the country based on a number of metrics, including having the lowest operative mortality rates in the country, and one of the best performing A&E departments in the country. Armstrong York is appointed to provide a full range of consultancy services including initial structural report, desk top study together with a full project management service provision. Other services provided to the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust includes:
- Preparation of initial structural report on form of the existing structure, lateral stability of the existing building and highlight any adverse effects on the surrounding area due to the proposed works.
- Preparation of a desk study report on available information.
- Highlight further information requirements to progress temporary works and permanent works design.
- Address the structural requirements for the following structural items:- New services penetrations through floor slabs and in risers, Support requirements for new plant on the roof and Installation of new below ground drainage
- Refurbishment and Demolition surveys
- Bulk sampling and in house analysis of samples
- Incident investigation services
- Emergency site attendance and 24 hour call out
- Providing ad-hoc advice on asbestos related issues / Attending progress meetings with the Client